NYSCC is offering online weekly lessons to New York City chess students.
We have been running 40+ lessons a week since the end of March for students over "Zoom".
We were one of the first chess programs to be fully up and running and it shows in how successful our classes have been.
Here are a few emails we have received from parents:
“Thanks for continuing offering the zoom classes for the kids. I found that your chess classes were the most effective and ran the best on the zoom platform among many classes we had "online" during the last couple of weeks. They are very much appreciated.” – Janice, 4th grade parent
“The silver lining of all of this has been chess. Your Zoom classes are amazing… Thank you for offering even more classes than before. We really appreciate what you are doing for the kids, and it helps me get my work done too!” - Karen, 1st grade parent
"Thank you so so so much for keeping these classes going! Not only does my son love them but it gives me a bit of time to myself!"- Becky, 1st grade parent
We are offering 9 online classes:
Level 1: 500-1000 rating
Level 2: 1000-1500 rating
Level 3: 1500+ rating
Wednesday 3-3:30pm Level 1
Wednesday 4-4:45pm Level 2
Wednesday 5-5:45pm Level 3
Friday 3-3:30pm Level 1
Friday 4-4:45pm Level 2
Friday 5-5:45pm Level 3
Saturday 9-9:30am Level 1
Saturday 10-10:45am Level 2
Saturday 11-11:45am Level 3
- Each class has a specific subject matter: Checkmates, tactics, openings, middle game or endgame study.
- Classes are taught by highly skilled chess masters and international masters over Zoom application.
- The cost is $50 per week for each level, meaning you can take up to 3 classes per week (less than $17 per class).
- Class size will be capped at 25 students per level.
- Class links will be emailed to families who register the day before classes begin.
- Space is very limited as we will be keeping classes to a manageable size so all students will be able to participate and being engaged. We will close registration whenever necessary.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions